About the instructor
Swoosh English specialise in helping nurses just like you achieve a band score 7 and above in the IELTS exam. We do this through our interactive and practical approach to IELTS led by our team of highly experienced UK IELTS teachers and ex-examiners. We know that through speaking to thousands of nurses, IELTS writing is their biggest obstacle stopping them from achieving their dreams of becoming a nurse in the UK or Ireland.
Our lead IELTS instructor for this course is Katherine who is from the UK and has been helping students achieve a band score 7 for over 7 years! She has been a Cambridge ESOL examiner for over 5 years and has taught over 1000 hours of IELTS academic examination preparation courses.
Why do we ONLY help Nurses?
Why do Nurses find IELTS writing so difficult?
Hundreds of nurses completed our survey where we asked which area of IELTS you found the most difficult and IELTS writing was voted as being the most difficult.
We took your responses and created this IELTS writing course to solve this problem! But what are the main difficulties and challenges nurses face?
- You are required to complete the academic writing IELTS exam which is more challenging than the general writing exam. Perhaps you have never had to do writing in your English classes at school previously.
- A band score 7+ in IELTS is a high level for a non-native student who perhaps doesn’t get daily practice writing in English and doesn’t have access to native speakers, especially native teachers who would correct your writing, provide corrections, give suggestions for improvement and give feedback.
- IELTS writing takes a lot of effort and a lot of self-study. Finding the time to complete the course can be difficult when you have a 12 hour hospital shift.
- Most nurses practice their IELTS writing task 1 and task 2’s by themselves so they can’t get practice from a native teacher.
- Some nurses underestimate the difficulty of the exam and so they lose confidence and motivation quickly when they fail and then spend a lot of money and time doing the exam again and again!
If these are all the challenges and difficulties resulting in nurses like you not getting a band score 7, how can Swoosh English help?
The IELTS Writing Band Score 7 Course that Nurses requested.....
We are really excited to announce that we finally have an IELTS writing band score 7 video and exercise course for you that can:
- show you what it takes to get a band score 7 in IELTS writing task 1 and task 2
- get you from a band score 6/6.5 to that dream target band score of 7+
- show you what mistakes you are making and analysing them in detail to make sure you don’t make them ever again!
- detail the different types of questions you will face in task 1 and task 2 and how to go through each step to write a band score 7+ answer
- provide you with model answers of what a band score 7 looks like, which allows you to learn from yourself to apply the principles to your own writing.
What is the Swoosh English IELTS Writing Video Course?
The IELTS writing video course takes all nurses on a journey to reaching their desired band score. It is aimed at students looking to move from a band score of 6/6.5 to a band score 7 and beyond! If you apply the theory and put into practice in your own task 1 and task 2 essays, you will see significant improvements.
The course is designed as 10 bite-sized video lessons that include our highly experienced UK IELTS teacher, Katherine, teaching you the concepts with real IELTS students’ essays, together with model answers to learn from and apply into your own writing. We take you step-by-step through the whole process and include the 10 vital components you need to know that form the academic IELTS writing exam.